White Wedding

Kwweesten
This weekend, I attended a breath-taking wedding in Pennsylvania. I wasn’t sure what to expect since the last wedding I attended was decades ago and I can barely remember much, but this one will be very difficult to forget.

As I walked through the cobblestone alleyway to get to the door, I held my date’s arm in hopes that I wouldn’t be the first guest to wipe out in these heals. We entered through the double doors into a room of eagerness and anticipation, all wrapped up into beautiful white flowers and bow-tied chairs.

We searched around for familiar faces as we seated ourselves beside his family – tissues set and ready. It wasn’t long before the ceremony began and the groomsmen came walking out to a tasteful and classical version of an old-school rock song. Following the men were a set of beautiful bridesmaids, dressed in strapless lavender dresses, holding their individual bouquet of flowers.

As the music dimmed and every head turned to the stairs, we knew whom to expect next. There she came, walking hand in hand with her father as he fought back the tears to cry. Her dress alone had me mesmerized, along with the white feathers decoratively tied into her hair. I looked around and noticed I wasn’t the only woman in the room completely smitten with her wedding gown.

When she reached the alter, she turned and kissed her father before stepping in front of the groom. The next part had to be my favorite, as she turned to face the groom and let out a slight chuckling smile – causing everyone to smile too. As they repeated their vows to one another, I couldn’t help but squeeze my date’s hand – overwhelmed with happiness at that moment.

It wasn’t until we got home that night that I found myself planning my own wedding – thinking about what it would be like, who would be there – I just couldn’t stop fantasizing about that day.

I knew what weddings cost and I swear I would never empty my bank account for the day I say, “I do.” Don’t get me wrong, weddings should be beautiful and overflowing with friends and family, but that doesn’t mean I need to go broke in the process of all of that.

The most important thing to me on that day will be the company I have surrounding me. I don’t care where the wedding is, what we have for dinner that night, or even the song I dance to. There is only one thing I am desperately going to need for that wedding and that is a perfect photographer.

Ever since I was little, my life revolved around pictures and memories I had to look back on. My wedding day is something I know I am going to be looking back on every single day, laughing and crying. Albums filled with friends and family, dancing and carrying on, is going to be my number one draft pick for my wedding day. Let’s be honest, how many days a week do your entire family and friends gather in one single room? Exactly my point, I’ll take that recommendation for the photographer now.

But If I could have a number two pick that day, it would be Bailey girl walking down the aisle, holdings the rings. Yes, those would be my only two requests.

Enter National Writing ContestWhat's your story? Answer our monthly "life question" and be automatically entered into our writing contest. 

Details:  Select your life stage below to view the current writing contest prompt for each life category, and help us change the world...one story at a time...with an essay about your thoughts and experiences.

Writing Competitions for All Ages

October 2014 Writing Contest Prompt:
  In 500 words or less, answer this question:  "What's Your Scar Story?"

Cost:  $0 (no entry fees).  There is never a fee to enter our writing contests.

Prizes:  Gift card prizes from our literacy sponsors (see below).

Next Steps:  Select your life stage to get details and enter the current contest for your life stage...

Writing contests for high school students
for High School
Students
Writing contests for college students
for College
Students
Writing contests for singles on StageofLife.com
for
Singles
Writing contests about weddings on StageofLife.com
about
Weddings
 Writing contests for married couples on StageofLife.com
for Married
Couples

Writing contests for homeowners on StageofLife.com
for Home
Owners
Writing contests for having a baby on StageofLife.com
about Having
a Baby
Writing contests for Moms and Dads on StageofLife.com
for Moms
and Dads

Writing contests for Grandparents on StageofLife.com
for
Grandparents
 Writing contests about Retirement on StageofLife.com
about Empty Nest
and Retirement

Take a minute to enter our "Short Short Story" Writing Contest on Twitter. 
Enter our monthly Photo Contest too...

National Writing Contest Winners
 And view our past writing contest winners.

Bragging rights, international recognition, and gift card prizes:  Enter the free writing contests each month on StageofLife.com.

Each month, with the help of over 20 Editors, Stage of Life hosts and judges writing contests for both students and adults.  Select your life stage below to get the details about this month's writing prompt and submit your essay.  Thanks to the below brands, our educational sponsors, who supply gift cards as prizes for the winning essays as we help the change the world through blogging, storytelling, and our literacy-based initiatives...

Writing contest sponsor  Writing contest sponsor on StageofLife.com  Blogging contest prize sponsor Blogging contest prize on StageofLife.com 

StageofLife.com writing contestsWhat makes our writing contests different?

• Stage of Life writing contests are always free to enter
  • Essays from our blogging and writing contests have been picked up by the media, e.g. TIME.com, and used by teachers as mentor texts across the globe.
  • We want to hear your personal, authentic thoughts on real world topics each month.  We pick writing prompts for which your answers and wisdom may help our readers
  • We award the winners with real prizes (cash and/or gift cards) from our site sponsors
  • We have Stage of Life SWAG for the winner
  • By entering the Stage of Life writing contests each month, you are supporting our free educational literacy initiatives and your words will be reaching hundreds of thousands of viewers who come to StageofLife.com to p