MEETING HER WAS LOVELY

Aarondn007

MEETING HER WAS LOVELY

We met by sheer coincidence on a summer day much like the day we will be married. My best
friend introduced us as the happened to be neighbors. I soon after asked her to be a last minute date to
my cousins wedding. Since then she has completely captured my heart. I admit getting married is
intimidating but being with Paula makes me feel like anything can be accomplished. One of the most
terrifying things I can protest to it, having to ask her mother and brothers if I had their blessing to ask
Paula to marry me. We took multiple shots of rum to celebrate but I made them promise to make it a
secret until I decided how I was going to propose. I made reservations at the Vivo which was the place
we had our first date. I arranged to have a private room and that I would be popping the question at the
end of diner but before desert. We finished eating and my hands began to shake. They cleared the table
and I knew it was show time. I pulled the ring out that had been burning a hole in my pocket for months.
She made a high pitch noise and shed a quick tear while saying yes. I love it when a plan comes together.

StageofLife.com national writing contests

Writing ContestsWhat's your story? Answer our monthly "life question" and be automatically entered into our writing contest. 

Details:  Select your life stage below to view the current writing contest prompt for each life category, and help us change the world...one story at a time...with an essay about your thoughts and experiences.

Enter writing contest

Summer 2014 Writing Contest Prompt:
  In 500 words or less, answer this question:  "How has YouTube impacted our lives?"  At the end of your essay, submit the link to your favorite YouTube video too!

Cost:  $0 (no entry fees).  There is never a fee to enter our writing contests.

Prizes:  SWAG package from StageofLife.com along with gift card prizes from our literacy sponsors (see below).  We also have the support from professionally published authors who donate autographed copies of their books or novels.

Next Steps:  Select your life stage to get details and enter the current contest for your life stage...

Writing contests for high school students
for High School
Students
Writing contests for college students
for College
Students
Writing contests for singles on StageofLife.com
for
Singles
Writing contests about weddings on StageofLife.com
about
Weddings
 Writing contests for married couples on StageofLife.com
for Married
Couples

Writing contests for homeowners on StageofLife.com
for Home
Owners
Writing contests for having a baby on StageofLife.com
about Having
a Baby
Writing contests for Moms and Dads on StageofLife.com
for Moms
and Dads

Writing contests for Grandparents on StageofLife.com
for
Grandparents
 Writing contests about Retirement on StageofLife.com
about Empty Nest
and Retirement

Take a minute to enter our "Short Short Story" Writing Contest on Twitter. 
Enter our monthly Photo Contest too...

National Writing Contest Winners
 And view our past writing contest winners.

Bragging rights, international recognition, and gift card prizes:  Enter the free writing contests each month on StageofLife.com.

Each month, with the help of over 20 Editors, Stage of Life hosts and judges writing contests for both students and adults.  Select your life stage below to get the details about this month's writing prompt and submit your essay.  Thanks to the below brands, our educational sponsors, who supply gift cards as prizes for the winning essays as we help the change the world through blogging, storytelling, and our literacy-based initiatives...

Writing contest sponsor  Writing contest sponsor on StageofLife.com  Blogging contest prize sponsor Blogging contest prize on StageofLife.com 

StageofLife.com writing contestsWhat makes our writing contests different?

• Stage of Life writing contests are always free to enter
  • Essays from our blogging and writing contests have been picked up by the media, e.g. TIME.com, and used by teachers as mentor texts across the globe.
  • We want to hear your personal, authentic thoughts on real world topics each month.  We pick writing prompts for which your answers and wisdom may help our readers
  • We award the winners with real prizes (cash and/or gift cards) from our site sponsors
  • We have Stage of Life SWAG for the winner
  • By entering the Stage of Life writing contests each month, you are supporting our free educational literacy initiatives and your words will be reaching hundreds of thousands of viewers who come to StageofLife.com to p