About Us

Awarded by or mentioned in...

and others...

Why Stage of Life®?

Stories connect us.  At StageofLife.com we believe that we can change the world . . . one story at a time.  By sharing your own experiences and thoughts on your stage of life, you can touch the lives of so many others.  Share your story and change the world.

How do we do it?

Stage of Life® is a multi-generational global community of people writing and sharing their life stories.  Its memoir-based storytelling format serves as the foundation of an online journal to write about your life (your stories are stored in your free, unlimited, Stage of Life profile) and an international, educational writing resource built around a blogging community of people from high school students to Baby Boomers who want to help make the world a better place through writing...sharing one personal story at a time. 

At its heart, we are a non-partisan, grassroots, organic initiative with no religious, political or social agenda.  Our hope is that people from all walks of life and viewpoints will come together and share a story (or two) about their lives (not to mention the secondary benefit of helping to encourage everyone to become life-long readers and writers). 

Changing the World with StageofLife.com

What Can I Do?  How Can You Change the World?

There are a few main things to do on StageofLife.com...

1)  Read Stories - pick a Life Stage and start reading.  These stories may inspire you in your life.

2)  Share Stories - set up your Stage of Life profile and starting sharing your life stories. Your stories may inspire others to change their lives and the world.

3)  Explore Educational Resources for Students, Teachers, and Parents

4)  Learn from our Financial Literacy Resources

5)  Get Money Saving Coupons for our Members via our Free My Life Rewards® program

6)  Explore the site.  With everything from exclusive teen trend reports, a resident etiquette coach, monthly writing and Twitter contests, and over 20,000 stories to ready to read, we hope you'll be book-marketing StageofLife.com to come back again and again.

Grassroots startup - StageofLife.com

Grassroots and Growing

Everyone is welcome to participate on StageofLife.com to start their online life journal, share a story, impart some wisdom, enter our national writing contests, and get some of the best printable coupons and promo codes around (saving you money throughout your life). 

We've welcomed over 1,000,000 people from across the world to our blogging community and 5+ million words from over 12,000 registered writers and bloggers have been shared on StageofLife.com.  Many of those essays come from teens and college students as our blogging platform has been embraced within the education community (high school teachers and college professors in particular) as a resource destination to get writing outside of the classroom and into the real world.

But it doesn't matter how old you are to participate on StageofLife.com

We have everyone from an 8th grade honors student blogging on our site to a 93-year-old ex-Social Studies teacher who got her first teaching job 2 months before Pearl Harbor was bombed and the US entered WWII.  We are, quite literally, a gathering point for today's teens, Gen Y, Gen X, Baby Boomer and older generations.

Your Online Journal at StageofLife.com

Start Your Online Life Journal

To share a story, you must register (it's free). 

Once registered, the Profile Page for each Stage of Life member becomes a public-facing journal keeping track of your essays, blogs and stories that you share...for your entire life.  Plus, the more you share, the more you may help others going through similar experiences. 

Watch Stage of Life demo video

Our blogging and digital literacy initiative was started, and is still run by two guys (Eric and Joe), who hope that multi-generational story-telling, education-based blogging, and a free platform that encourages reading and writing will inspire people to help change the world, one story at a time.  Watch our site tour video by clicking the red camera, or register for your Stage of Life account... 

Free Educational Resources on StageofLife.com

Education Focus

We've got a big concept, but our primary one, on the education front, is Stage of Life's mission is to improve digital literacy by encouraging high school students to write more outside of the classroom via blogging.  It's our mission to ensure that Stage of Life plays a role in helping to inspire life-long (high school to retirement) reading and writing.  We provide free lesson plans, writing prompts, mentor texts and other free education resources for Language Arts and History or Social Studies teachers to use as they look towards technology as a classroom writing resource. 

One of our most widely used features on StageofLife.com is the monthly, national essay contest for teens dealing with real-world issues (press mentions from TIME.com, The Wall Street Journal's MarketWatch, NPR member radio station WITF, Mint Education, GetSchooled.com, ABC TV's Live Well Network "Mary Talks Money" and more).

One of our co-founders, Rebecca, is a veteran high school English teacher who, along with our CEO, Eric, has a passionate focus to align our free education platform with like-minded education initiatives...those organizations who want to encourage students to write more in a culture where they are now writing less (Facebook, texting, etc.).

We offer a classroom poster for any high school teacher or college professor, along with lots of other great educational writing activities that use student blogging.

Free Education Resources

Coupons and promo codes for life
Saving You Money

And if the stories, blogs, writing contests, education resources, and other content wasn't enough, let's not forget our exclusive collection of merchant partnerships found in our free My Life Rewards® program - featuring coupon codes and printable coupons from world-class brands offering money saving discounts to give the Stage of Life community "Rewards for Life's Journey®."

All of our coupon codes and printable coupons are organized by life stage, so you can find the deals and discounts most relevant to your stage of life, whether you're planning for a wedding, graduating from college, having a baby, raising a family, or retiring to the beach.

Get printable coupons and coupon codes

Get Involved on StageofLife.com
Get Involved

Here's our top recommendations and quick links to get started...

1)  Register (it's free), and Start Your Online Life Journal by Sharing Your First Story

2)  Follow us on Twitter or Like us on Facebook

3)  Enter Our National Writing Contests

4)  Save Money Using the Coupons

5)  Explore Our Free Education Resources and Share with a Teacher, Professor or Parent

6)  Help Spread the Word

Stage of Life Philosophy
We Want Your Feedback

Our experiences shape who we are, how we feel, what we think, and what we know.

At Stage of Life®, we want to be a place where you can share your life's stories OR draw on the experiences of others who have gone through or are going through the same things you are at the moment.  Read and comment on our blogs; browse and make suggestions on our resources pages; peruse and add to our reviews of popular and lesser-known websites; save time and money with special offers from Stage of Life® partners; or ask or answer questions; give or receive advice. 

It is a collaborative effort in which we invite you to participate. And always remember...

Stage of Life is free

It's Free

Stage of Life® is always free for its users.

Our staff is constantly working with select merchant, travel, and service partners to provide special stage-relevant offers, deals, and discounts specifically tailored and negotiated for Stage of Life®.  We are here to grow with you! 

Speaking of which...

StageofLife.com is an Anti-Niche Website

Resources for your Life on StageofLife.com

One Resource - We'll Grow With You

We’re all going through various stages of life. Graduating from high school. Having a baby. Buying a home. Thinking about retirement. Trying to find that special someone.  Some of us are going through more than one stage at a time. 

Wouldn’t it be convenient to have one resource - one community - that you could turn to for answers, information, and money-saving discounts tailored specifically to the stage of life or key milestone that you, a friend, or family member may be experiencing...AND..that you can use that resource throughout your entire life, between high school and retirement?

So many websites tailor their content exclusively to one niche.  We're the opposite.  We wanted to build a place where you not only felt comfortable, but could grow into and continue using throughout your life...not just for a year or a short, particular period in your life.

Aside from the personal blogs and stories shared on StageofLife.com, you'll also find videos, statistics, quotations, etiquette, must visit websites, writing contests, and other resources tailored to each stage of life from high school to retirement...and all of the major milestones in between.

You can use StageofLife.com throughout your entire life.

This was part of the founding vision of this concept by President & CEO, Eric Thiegs, and his dedicated team.

Last Words
Last Words

Since its inception, the concept of Stage of Life® has been home-grown and organic.  We launched the site in the summer of 2009 as a privately held entity with no venture capitol or outside, controlling interests.  We designed the artwork to be inclusive of the diversity of life and people we experience on a daily basis.   

We get emails every week from readers and bloggers who love looking "ahead" or "behind" at the various life stages, reading the blogs and essays appearing from our writing community in each of the specific life phases. 

Curious how teens feel about real-world issues?  Now you know.

As mentioned at the top of this page, Stage of Life is a non-partisan platform with no religious, social or political agenda.  Our hope is that our diverse community of bloggers and writers will help make the world a better place no matter what perspective or viewpoint is being shared..

The response from the consumer and sponsor community about our concept has been incredibly positive.  We have a small staff that is dedicated to organically building our grassroots mission of changing the world...one story at a time, and helping people save money along the way.  

Contact Us

Contact Us

Thanks for exploring Stage of Life!  You can see what other people are saying about Stage of Life by visiting our testimonials page. We welcome your questions and comments.

Stage of Life®

Meet Our Team

Meet our staff

We have a talented group of individuals working on Stage of Life.  From the founders themselves to an inspired team of interns, our mission is to grow this grassroots community and build the forum into a recognizable resource for people of all generations and walks of life to gain knowledge, share their wisdom and life experiences, and save money at any stage of life.

Staff BiosLike to read the bios of our founders and college interns?

Trademarks, Copyright & Other Legal Items

StageofLife.com is owned by Stage of Life LLC as are...

• Stage of Life®
  • Rewards for Life's Journey®
  • My Life Rewards®
  • Your Life Rewards®

Writing Contests

Enter our Writing Contests

Enter Blogging and Essay Writing Contests

StageofLife.com hosts national blogging and writing contests each month.  Cash and/or gift card prizes are awarded along with Stage of Life SWAG and Featured Writer status.  No matter what your life stage may be, we've got a monthly writing and blogging contest for you.

Deadline:  Essays must be submitted online to StageofLife.com the last day of each month by midnight Pacific Standard Time (US)

Prize:  A prize package from Stage of Life® and our writing contest sponsors will be sent to the winners of each monthly writing contest.  Finalists are announced the following month on or around the 15th.  For details and to enter an essay contest, click on your life stage below:

Teens  /  College  /  On My Own  /  Wedding and Marriage  /  Baby  /  Parents  /  Grandparents  /  Home Ownership  / Retirement & Empty Nest